Monday, September 22, 2008

full boxes & empty bookcases



The hardest thing about transition is the time you spend waiting. At least for me. We are moving this weekend, and closing on the building that we bought if all goes as planned. There have been so many setbacks with buying this building, the first closing date we set was on Sept. 9th, and now we are pushing for the 26th. I'm really stressed because we have to be out of our apartment by the end of this month and we have to move in one weekend.

But the worst thing of all is that, during all of this, all of my art supplies are packed away. I thought I could pack them in advance because I didn't really "need" them. Now all I have is my sketchbook and my camera. And my camera is seriously on it's last leg. The zoom no longer works--aguah! I'm going crazy! The worst thing in the world is to get an idea and not be able to dive right into it. I usually have 100 projects going on at once--that's the way I work.



Looking on the bright side, this is my new studio kitchen, dedicated to art and art only. I cannot wait to fill up those cabinets with supplies! The studio is split up in two areas--the other half has one of those huge deep stainless steel sinks and a big vent hood, as well as a ton more room! My studio is situated behind my gallery and store space, and I have a separate room for my office as well! I won't know what to do with myself with all this room!

Only four days 'till the move!

2 comments:

Maria said...

the kitchen floor looks great!

sarahelizabeth said...

it looks way better in this picture than it does in real life!! unfortunately...lol...